Thursday, July 12, 2007

What a lovely welcome!

Thank you so much to everyone for such a warm welcome! Although what, other than warmth, could one expect from those who love knitting - lol!

I'm looking forward to browsing around on everyone's blogs and seeing what wonderful creations there are to drool over and covet.

And a HUGE happy birthday to the beautiful Bells for Friday! I hope lots of lovely things come your way.

There is a disaster looming over the weekend. Next to no knitting!!! I have a friend coming to visit who is definitely NOT the crafty type. She arrives tomorrow afternoon and is staying until Sunday evening. So there might be some desperate clicking going on into the wee hours of Monday morning! What is wrong with me that I am half wishing she wasn't coming so I could spend more time knitting? Should yarn be in the Schedule of Class A Drugs? I guess it's healthier than many other addictions, so perhaps not.

I am loving making this baby jumper - it grows so quickly! A couple of hours and I'm up to shaping the armholes.

Here's the pattern of the bubby jumper

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And an update on my scarf. Don't look too closely - I made a mistake early on in the piece! But I thought it would be too hard to frog so I just kept going. The recipient won't notice and, if she does, she won't mind in the least :) Oh, the joy of accepting friends lol.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alas, my brown jumper is still the same. Shame on me!! But I am doing nothing but brown jumper tonight! (trudges off, shoulders slumped)

9 comments:

  1. Tanya, your knitting is so darn even. It's exquisite. I'm mega mega impressed. Maybe on one blog post you could reminisce about when you learnt to knit. That's something a knitter never forgets, I remember my grandma taught me with many broken plastic needles between us because I knitted so tight. I bet you have a story like that.
    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your knits are looking great! Welcome to the blogiverse :)

    Donna
    Random Knits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just knit on in front of your guest if you have to. Surely they aren't allergic?

    This is coming from someone who if knitting in front of her mother is told:
    'it really makes me angry you doing that. get up and clean something for heaven's sake'

    and in front of sister
    'keep it up granny, that clickety click is doing my head in'

    Sometimes I even avoid stitch and bitch because I do too much talking and not enough knitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Ailsa - just knit anyway! You have to out yourself sometime. Might as well be now!

    Love the striping. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitting looks great - I was going to give the same view as Ailsa and Bells - if you are sitting around chatting, you must be able to knit as well (and you never know, you might just be able to convert her!!). And I'd love to hear your learning to knit story too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am slowly starting to knit in front of family members other than those who live with me (and therefore are used to putting up with my craft adventures). My brother looked askance at the needles and yarn and asked "How old are you?" I told him "old enough to know that it doesn't matter what other people think of my knitting", he shut up. Maybe I will make him some socks and he will learn to be more tolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, sorry I missed your first post welcoming party. Your knitting is impressive, that's for sure.

    the scarf is a spectacular red, and two jumpers for men (they are so much bigger than us) well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could always pull it out very casually as you are sitting down to chat...something easy...the brown jumper maybe? I mean, it's not smoking or gumchewing, it should be okay...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the Blogosphere! The Branching Out scarf was my first lace too, and yours is looking just wonderful :D

    I agree - just knit while your friend is over. If she can't handle it - her problem!

    ReplyDelete