Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Anyone for a slice?

It's not often that I get overly excited when my mail arrives in chambers, but two inviting looking parcels turned up today!! Number one was a set of 12 of Jejune's beautiful knitting art cards. They truly are the perfect accompaniment to any knitted gift! Thanks! :)

Number 2 was a hank of The Knittery cashmere merino in the passionfruit colourway. So as soon as I got home my husband was again enlisted to act as my interim swift! Poor Glynn! But how beautiful are these colours?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm planning on a pair of jaywalker socks. And they will be all for ..... ME!!!

Everything on my needles at the moment is a gift, so I've decided to keep the best for myself. Selfish? Maybe!!

I also picked up this yarn from ebay, which will be a pair of socks for one of my sisters-in-law.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The colours aren't precisely as they appeared on the ad, but they're nice and bright and my sister-in-law, who lives in a cold house and is in the habit of losing things, will no doubt appreciate them.

The weekend must have been one for nemesis motivation! Bells got cracking on her steeked jacket sleeve. And brown jumper now has a back! This is how boring the pattern is:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But it will be nice and cosy when (if?) it's finally finished. Have started sleeve number two, so am on the downhill run now, which is a nice feeling.

I had a lovely day last Wednesday. A friend of mine, Geri, does beautiful quilting and I took the day off to have a craft day with her. She's also a wonderful cook, so a delicious lunch, stimulating conversation and drooling over her work made for a brilliant day! I worked on the one row scarf. It only took another evening after that and it was finished!! Excuse the cheesy look on Glynn's face and the dangling ends (which have now been sewn in).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is now on its way to a (hopefully pleased) recipient!

Striped hot socks number 2 is now on the needles for my other sister-in-law. This time I've got my lovely Knit Picks DPNs and am knitting on 5 instead of 4, which seems to be helping with the ladders. I adore my Knit Picks! Their shiny, slidy pointiness is so addictive! The grey toned pair is for my brother. Maybe I'll have a sock wedding before they are sent.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And, finally, the branching out scarf has grown somewhat. I now have 20 repeats, but will keep going until I run out of yarn. Actually, that means it will end up being about 50, which is probably too long, so maybe I'm closer than I thought to the end. Deadline is 9 September for that one. One wouldn't know it from the picture, but it's still the same dark red it started out as!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A dark hole yawns before me. After tonight, no knitting until Friday. Work calls and I don't think I can charge for "contemplation time" whilst I am knitting. Unfortunate.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lot of projects on the needles, and such great progress! Glynn looks very happy with that scarf (even if it's not his) - or perhaps he's just happy to have finished his swift duties for the day ;)

    Glad the cards arrived safe and sound (BTW, for Aussie and NZ knitters, the best link to go to get your own cards is here).

    Very sad about no knitting time until Friday... any chance of knitting in court, you reckon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything is looking gorgeous T. Love the candle. A great touch.

    I'm sure the recipient of the scarf will be most appreciative. ;-)

    I would be sulking something shocking if I had that much time to wait until I could next knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much knitting! Are you sure you go to work every day!!!

    To help avoid ladders, every 4 rows or so, I will knit the first two stitches onto the previous needle, for each needle around (ie move the stitches around the needles - hope that makes sense) - that way, no ladders!

    All your knitting looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tanya, you've become a knitting freak!!!!! But the main thing is that you are enjoying it, and it certainly sounds like you are, and it's the perfect down time for when you are not working and isn't it so satisfying creating things. Everything is fabulous. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i meant to say, the brown jumper doesn't look boring to me. I would find that comfortingly soothing in amidst the more difficult knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much on the go, such great progress! Dont forget the branching out scarf will get considerably longer when you block it (since Im such an expert at that now - haha) I was really surpised at the gained length on the dayflower.

    Good to see youve got such a willing model for your FOs too - they can be difficult to find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. licious jaywalkers!!
    The Shadow Tweed was on super special and the colours will 'go' with most things for my Nice Lady Next Door!! It is such an excellent pattern, isn't it!!!
    Hope you can fit in a few theraputic rows this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so productive! It's great to see. And I love the one row scarf - the colours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete