Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm Baa-aaack

Yes, I am still alive. And still knitting :) After a long absence from the blogosphere, I've returned. Of course, it is very likely that no-one will notice!

I also had a long absence from knitting. Just before my last post I discovered that we had a little one on the way. Unfortunately that little one decided to make it impossible to knit! Motion sickness or something - it was dreadful! If only I was at the stage of not having to look at my needles I might have managed lol.

She arrived safe and sound at the end of April and has been frequently dressed in handknits that I managed to make near the end of my pregnancy and soon afterwards.

So, a bit of show & tell!

Our little girl. Clearly I will never be a hairdresser!
On the bed

Love this jacket! It was made from red merino bambino and some cream 4 ply I had in my very meagre stash.
Photobucket

She wears this a lot - it's nice and soft. I used Cocoon for this.
Aqua Cardigan

And matching hat
Aqua Beanie

Something pretty
Mauve Cardigan

Mauve hat

Have joined the ranks of the Tour de France knit along too - cycling on TV has never been so much fun! Go Cadel go!! Since I'm probably the only knitter in the world without a clapotis, I decided, with the help of the lovely Bells, that it was a good project that I'd be able to get through in between working and mothering.

Am using merino chubby sock yarn from the Knittery in the chocolate colourway. Just gorgeous. And thanks to Daphne for the special dye job! The yarn has a lovely sheen to it and will be light enough to wear in Brisbane, as I'm doing it on a 4mm Addi Turbo so it's nice and open. But undoing the ladders - ugh!

Am halfway through now, so I'm confident I will get it done before the deadline. I quite like the pressure lol! Plus the added pressure of having only just enough yarn - eeep!! My daughter has her last feed at 10pm, just when the telecast starts and I have recently perfected the art of knitting whilst breastfeeding. Handy.

Photobucket

Also on the needles are a pair of garter rib socks for my dad in Regia. Good TV knitting and a bit of a break from the clap. Nice subtle browns and creams with a bit of blue-grey for pizzazz. Very dad-like. Especially for an oh-so-conservative one!

Plus a pair of socks as in passionfruit cashmerino, also from the Knittery. I had the most wonderful friend as my doula for the birth and I thought "what's more perfect to say thanks than a pair of handknitted socks?" She's been coveting my passionfruit lacy mock cables for some time. I couldn't face yet another pair of lacy mock cables, having made two, so chose the oblique openwork pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. Very easy - just a 6 row repeat.

So that's me!! I look forward to catching up with old and new blogs in between everything else I'm doing! Why, oh why, are there only 24 hours in a day?

9 comments:

  1. Oh, my! What a parade of finished objects to return with. The first one being by far the most impressive, mind. Congratulations on your new baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh welcome back! Glad to see you blogging. Your clappy looks fantastic! And that wonderful array of baby goods is just so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, some lovely FOs!! One in particular!! You certainly made up for not being able to knit and Baby will be decked out in lots of finery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strangely enough you were missed. Your lovely girl is a perfect excuse. Best wishes to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Hello baby girl! What a great wardrobe she has already - very important!

    And you won't regret making a clappy I'm sure! I wear mine all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! And those are some very impressive FO's you've got there!

    You clappy, too, is gorgeous! A lot easier than one thinks it will be, isn't it?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable baby :-)

    And your baby knits are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed I noticed !!!! Yay you're back. And don't worry you might just be the second last person to knit a clapotis because I've not knitted one.

    All your knitting is divine.

    And a big (((mwah)) to your beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! The Clapotis is lovely and the baby is soooo cute. Beautiful baby knits too - well done on all counts!

    ReplyDelete